AXXIS STEEL FOR FRAMING
Axxis® steel is exceptionally strong and built for the toughest conditions. It is fire resistant, strong and has been shown to have excellent earthquake resistance. Its durability means that it won't rot or support mould growth and it won't suffer from borer or other insects.
PEACE OF MIND: A 50-YEAR DURABILITY STATEMENT
Axxis® steel has been developed and tested by New Zealand Steel, for New Zealand conditions. Galvanised with a 100% zinc coating for protection, it is backed by a 50-year Durability Statement, so you can trust that Axxis® steel will stand the test of time.
Steel Framing – A Healthier Choice
- It’s free of the harsh chemicals that are used to stop timber from rotting, and it can’t harbour mould or mildew spores. For your family, that means less exposure to chemicals and fewer problems with allergies and asthma. This is why our Axxis steel framing has been approved as a Sensitive Choice Partner by the Asthma Foundation.
- We are also proud of the fact that our steel frame systems are 100% recyclable making this solution a tick for your health, a tick for the community and a big tick for the environment.
- Mezzanine doors and internal walling. The proprietary Kirkyl Light Gauge Steel is also used to manufacture mezzanine door joists, internal partition walls and feature walls.
- Fireplace framing and outside kitchen framing are also manufactured and are popular because of the heat resistance and resistance to moisture absorption and rotting.
- Facades. Kirkyl Frames are ideal for use in facades, which are notoriously dangerous in earthquakes.
- “K” Braces. Kirkyl “K” braces are stand-alone braced panels which can be retrofitted between the studs of older buildings needing additional bracing and also for inclusion in new builds.
- Adjustable piles. Kirkyl has a wide range of foundation and piling hardware, including adjustable house piling and a range of associated brackets. Coming soon.
- Foundations. Coming soon.
- Screw piles. K-Screw piles are easy to install, extremely effective in both tension and compression, which means they act as piles and anchors, so ideal for earthquake situations. The K-Screws can be manufactured to suit any application and are used in many industries, including building, agriculture and electrical power reticulation. The K-Screws are adjustable and can be retrofitted and used to jack up slumped structures.
- Plate anchors. K-Plates are driven anchors which are designed to provide aground anchor for a wide range of uses. They are designed for permanent anchorage for stays but can be used wherever a strong permanent anchor is required into ground. They are used in agriculture, building, and general construction.
"Kirkyl Frames are Strong, Light, Quick and Easy To erect."
Mitchell Cole - Architect